- Translating Research into Action for Improving the Health of the Population.
- Generate, manage and disseminate new knowledge.
- Increase focus on research on the health problems of the vulnerable, the disadvantaged and marginalized sections of the society.
- Harness and encourage the use of modern biology tools in addressing health concerns of the country.
- Encourage innovations and translation related to diagnostics, treatment, methods/ vaccines for prevention.
- Inculcate a culture of research in academia especially medical colleges and other health research institutions by strengthening infrastructure and human resource.